- 07 Dec 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Salesforce Connection Configuration
- Updated on 07 Dec 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
This is a machine-translated version of the original Japanese article.
Please understand that some of the information contained on this page may be inaccurate.
This is a help page for setting up Salesforce connection information.
|name||Yes||Enter the name of the connection information to be used inside TROCCO.|
|memorandum||No||Enter a memo of the connection information used inside TROCCO.|
You can select "OAuth authentication" and "User password authentication" as the authentication method.
The setting method differs depending on the authentication method.
For OAuth authentication
|Sandbox environment||No||Check if you want to connect to the Salesforce sandbox environment.|
|Salesforce Account Authentication||Yes||Click the authentication button to log in to Salesforce.|
- Connection information created with OAuth authentication is available only to the transfer source Salesforce.
- When using Destination Salesforce, Source Salesforce Reports, or Source Tableau CRM, use user password authentication.
- OAuth support other than the transfer source Salesforce is currently under development.
For user password authentication
|User ID||Yes||Enter your Salesforce user ID.|
|password||Yes||Enter your Salesforce password.|
|Security Token||Yes||Enter your Salesforce security token.|
* The creation procedure is summarized as follows.
|Salesforce Endpoint||No||Enter the Salesforce endpoint.|
If not entered, the default is
Also, if you want to link with the sandbox environment
Create a user (OAuth authentication)
OAuth authentication assumes all of the user's permissions. We recommend that you follow the steps below to create a read-only user for OAuth authentication and narrow down your permissions.
- Log in to Salesforce.
- Click the gear ⚙️ icon in the upper right corner and select Settings.
- Open the profile list screen from Administration > User > Profiles in the left side menu.
- Click the New Profile button.
- Select Read Only for the existing profile, set an appropriate name (for example, trocco-read-only), and save it.
- Click Edit Profile, check References for objects referenced by trocco from Standard Object Permissions and Custom Object Permissions, and save.
- Open the user list screen from Administration > Users > Users in the left side menu.
- Click the New Userbutton and enter the following information:
- User License: Salesforce
- Profile: The profile you just created
- Email address: Enter an email address where you can receive confirmation emails
- Save and creation is complete. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you entered, so please log in for the first time.
How to create a security token (user/password authentication)
When using user password authentication, follow the steps below to issue a security token.
Log in to Salesforce.
After logging in, click the user icon in the upper right corner.
Click your user name, and then click Settings.
When you move to the personal settings screen, click Reset my security token from My personal information in the left menu.
Click Reset Security Token to send a security token to your registered email address.